How many good games were lost?
Since most of the games and other digital software were distributed thorough physical storages, the industry had changed slightly. Now you may experience VR, get your favorite games long before the official release thanks to pre-order systems and connect with millions of other gamers from all over the world without annoying lags. However, one problem is still unsolved and it is called piracy.
We can agree that sometimes developers want to earn too much on their games and even implement payable options into single player games, but community showed its power and this issue did not became trend. In the same time, even more and more people stop buying games because they cost too much.
The developer does not only lose huge part of the overall profit, but it also became harder for the company to get the investments for the future projects. You may just Google how many great titles did not get sequel due to such issue. Moreover, sometimes developers do release the next part, but it became much worse, because there were not enough money to fund it.
What methods are used today?
There are two main reasons for the piracy. By eliminating both of them, gaming industry will be able to develop much faster than today. First is the expensiveness of games caused by need to spend almost half of budget on marketing and also give slight part of profits to the marketplace, such as Steam or Origin.
Second is weak protection. Today hackers and skilled programmers are able to hijack almost any game. If 10 years ago hijacking may cause lags and defects, which spoiled the gameplay, today they do not differ from the official versions. In additions, sometimes pirated versions may appear long before the release.
Today it is almost impossible to track the sites and the servers, so it is hard to fight with piracy physically, but in digital field, there are a lot of options, some of which are using blockchain. Most of them are under developing phase, but Yumerium seems to be the most effective of them all.
The secret is that player does not get licenses or any other protection system at all. He connects to the Yumerium, buys the game and plays it. Every next time he would like to play, his permission is verified automatically.
Moreover, if somebody will try to hijack the game, it will be tracked in to time at all, so Yumerium seems to be the real solution for the piracy in game industry. Why will player use this platform? Because it allows to get cryptocurrency during the gameplay or during streaming or just for inviting your friends. Check Yumerium website to find out more about it!
* Website: https://www.yumerium.com
* Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Yumerium/
* Bitcointalk ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3272290
* Bitcointalk Bounty Round 1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3276979.0
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/yumeriumtoken
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Yumeriumtoken/
* Cryptocompare: https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/yum/overview
* Smart-contract: https://github.com/SubdreamAdmin/yumerium
* LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/yumerium-inc/
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsNkaYbM55WKlXP0ftSgdUg
* Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/H5o7EE7ncnHvSXJJYWSLYg
* Telegram bounty: https://t.me/yumerium_bounty
* Kakao chat: https://open.kakao.com/o/gUAv87G
* Support email: [email protected]
Author: smutexar - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1334788